Animal Crossing: Jump Out (New Frontier)
The much anticipated predecessor of Animal Crossing: City Folk is on it’s way. Previous games in the Animal Crossing franchise (Population Growing, Wild World, City Folk) have been playable on Gamecube, DualScreen, and Wii. However, the newest game in the series will be played on the 3DS (3D Dual Screen). Jump Out is very different from the previous game, and most popular, City Folk. In this post I will be talking about new features that have been revealed to be in Jump Out.
- A thrift store has been introduced, run by an Alpaca and similar to the lost and found in Population Growing.
- There is rumoured to be a gardening store run by a sloth.
- Characters can now wear shoes, and a shoe shop is run by a skunk named Kicks.
- Tom Nook no longer owns a general store. Instead, he now owns a real estate agency, much like Lyle has done in previous games. It is unclear whether the Happy Room Academy will cease to exist or if Tom Nook will take it over.
- Timmy and Tommy Nook are now the owners of the general store.
- You are now the mayor! No hints have been given as to where Tortimer is thus far, but it has been confirmed that you will have an assistant.
- A variety of new animal species have been introduced as villagers.
- You can now swim in the water!
- Characters are now taller and more proportionate.
- Decor can be added to the town - such as park benches, lamp posts, bridges, fences, clocks, solar panels, etc.
- Characters can now wear pants or skirts - regardless of gender.
- The map of the city has been drastically revamped- the beach is now larger and the village is separated from the shopping mall by the return of the train tracks.
- Outsides of houses are now customizable.
- Graphics are better - trees and bushes are more lifelike now.
- The capacity of the museum has increased.
- Harriet - the poodle who runs the hair salon - now has a salon in your town.
- A reunion between Mable, Lable, and Sable Able is rumoured to occur.
- New furniture sets have been added.
- Though this has not yet been confirmed, it seems as though houses can now have hallways.
The game is set for a Fall 2012 release in Japan, and is rumoured to be released in Winter 2013 in other countries.